The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Thursday, October 02, 2008

It is October

  1. October is one of my favorite months, along with Januray.
  2. Fiona is turing 10, "double digits"!
  3. My birthday is the 27th.
  4. I turned in my dissertation last month.
  5. I'm organizing a conference right now.
  6. I'm applying for jobs this month and next.
  7. I'm putting together a book MS for OUP.
  8. I'm teaching full time and loving it.
  9. I've only got one more item for a top ten list.
  10. Now my top ten list is complete.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will your book be about? I'm guessing something in epistemology.

 
At Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Trent Dougherty said...

It's called _Evidentialism and Its Discontents_. It's a collection of essays by leading epistemologists (and me) about the role of evidence in rational belief. It'll be a rolicking good read!

 
At Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Eric M. said...

I'm sure I'll be good; I'll try to look it up.

It's not on Amazon.com for some reason. Has it been released?

 
At Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:11:00 PM, Blogger Trent Dougherty said...

No, it won't be out till early 2010

 
At Tuesday, October 07, 2008 10:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any where we could find some of the essays in the mean time, or are there any other books you would recommend on the subject?

-Steve

 
At Tuesday, October 07, 2008 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Trent Dougherty said...

The essays won't be available in any format for quite some time, but if you are interested in the subject, the best thing to do is to read _Evidentialism_ by Conee and Feldman to see what these essays would be resopnding to. If that's too arcane, then I recommend Feldman's introduction to epistemology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home