The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Thursday, September 04, 2008

And now for something completely different

i am wraping up the final chapter of my dissertation in this the first week of school. I'm only a bit off my (personal) deadline, so this is good. classes have been great. i met 140 new people in the last two days.

Here's something for you as I now turn my attention to classes, a book MS, and a conference next month: visual poetry ahead of its time, a caucophanous collection of callings-out. A non-random sample:

clenched beyond the helpless head a legacy in vanishing to someone ambiguous the immemorial ulterior demonhaving from non-existent regions led the old man towards this ultimate meeting with probability this his childlike shade

http://www.tonykline.co.uk/PITBR/French/MallarmeUnCoupdeDes.htm

French and English versions of Mallarme's "Un coup de des..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home