The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Who Knew: Desperate Housewives.

OK, sue me. I watched an episode of Desperate Housewives. I'm not going to defend it or explain it, but it happened. And I have to say--mirabile dictu--that it was pretty interesting. There was almost no sleaze, what there was was judged pretty harshly, there were corporal and spiritual works of mercy, there were characters whose complexity was true-to-life. I was quite surprised. I'm not *endorsing* it or anything, but perhaps I judged it too harshly. Let me be clear: I can't *imagine* that it would be a worthwhile investment of time to follow the show. It's just that it might not be the mind- and morals-rotting filth I inferred it was from the commercials. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home