The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Homeschooling follow-up

Examples ought to accompany exhortations. For the finest example of homeschooling I can think of, read the Little House books.

Update #2: Ma and Pa no doubt sacrificed mightily to purchase the few books they had, and often depended on the generosity of others--whether directly or through public and church libraries--to manifest their great love for learning (which is what I take to be the only secret to home-schooling and to have been greatly exemplified in Ma and Pa).

Thus I take it to be the duty (and joy) of every middle-class homeschooler to donate books in some capacity. I follow in the footsteps of a good friend of mine in tithing books. I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home