The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Crime against humanity

Pasted from the website where I'm supposed to pick my health plan.

OPTION 4: Enroll in Family Insurance through UHS Insurance Cost: $9,728.88
Students with at least one dependent child can enroll in the University Quality Care Plan, an Aetna family insurance plan offered through the University. The fee is expected to increase on January 1. A sponsored option (i.e., the student and one child) is available for $8,445/year.
------------------------------------

There is something very wrong going on with private insurance. Something very, very wrong.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, option 4 sucks. I hope that at least one of options 1-3 is better, but somehow I doubt it. Does the university offset any of this, or is the cost listed the cost to you?

 
At Friday, August 31, 2007 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Trent_Dougherty said...

Fortunately, I have a special fellowship which covers this, and since my income (which ain't gonna impress Trump or even the manager of the local Pizza Hut) puts me above the Medicare limit.

Something needs to change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home