The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Design Argument Update

For those of you who are keeping track, my credence in divine intervention has gone up to a record high.

I'm just bringing to a close a three-year research project concerning design arguments for the existence of God, so I thought I'd throw an update out there.

There's a link on the sidebar under "religious posts" I think which discusses this project. In between then and now it went way down for awhile. I'm not saying I've reached full reflective equilibrium on this, but I expect it will not sink much.

One reason I'm confident in this is that the project considers broadly two kinds of arguments who's strength vary in proportion to one another and considers their strengths for every possible value of their variables.

The result is that I now think that no matter what future empirical research uncovers, there will be at least one kind of strong design argument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home