The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Monday, January 29, 2007

Kenya carjacking: 'Random attack'

My friend's roommate. That doesn't sound like much of a connection. I've talked to her on the phone and heard stories about her, but that's about it.

Yet that's close enough to bring home the horror of this situation.

Kenya carjacking: 'Random attack'


My friend's friend's mom taken away just like that for no reason. What has to happen to a person that they could shoot two women in cold blood because they didn't get out of their car fast enough. I honestly can't fathom it and I've been in counseling for violence.

Yet we do it a hundred times a year: fail to see people as somebody's mom or sister or son or father. We say "you fool". Dehumanization begins close to home.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:16:00 PM, Blogger Christine Ansorge said...

I just finished watching Tsotsi, which I think would be a helpful exploration of the topic if you feel inclined to watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home