The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A New Poem

This is dedicated to Johnny Cash. Perhaps someone can explain to me why. All I know is that I had listed to "I hung my head" earlier in the day.

When I was a little boy, a little boy,
a little boy,
When I was a little boy, they said I was a Hellion.

When I was a teenager, a teenager,
a teenager,
When I was a teenager, they said ‘twas just rebellion.

When I was a full grown man, a full grown man,
a full grown man,
When I was a full grown man, they put me in a jail.

When I was a dying man, a dying man,
a dying man,
When I was a dying man, they said I’d go to Hell.

When I looked at Jesus face, at Jesus face
at Jesus face,
When I looked at Jesus face I saw in him myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home