The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Half Marathon Success

This past weekend I ran the Oak Tree half marathon in Geneseo, NY which is in the bea-u-tiful Finger Lakes region of up-state New York. I met all my goals listed here in order of importance:

1. Make people laugh.
2. Have fun.
3. Don't get (too) hurt (see below).
4. Finish in under 2 hours.

The only problem is that it was raining and had been for days so I wore my winter running shoes because they are waterproof. However, I wear totally different socks in the winter and the result you see below, which does not even begin to capture how bad this thing looks.

This coming weekend will be the Finger Lakes Triathlon (Olympic distance). The toenail ought to be falling off about then, so I might have to do the run in sandals. We'll see.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Swifty said...

Looks Freeking Painful. Not as bad as when you broke your arm....

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Swifty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Swifty said...

I heard you're not a real Marathoner until you run from one city to another to warn them of war, and you run so fast you die. I guess that's why you're a half Marathon-er, but which half...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home