The Counsel of Trent

writing is thinking

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

End of the Triathlon Season

This past weekend was the Finger Lakes Triathlon. I did the Olympic distance--mile swim, 25 mile ride (hilly!), and 10k run--or rather I did 2/3 of it due to an injury acquired in the previous weekend's half-marathon.




But that doesn't make it a duathlon, because all the duathlon's I've done have been running and biking. And it can't be a biathlon, because that's skiing and target shooting (I'm starting my first season of that this winter). At any rate, whatever you call it it worked out pretty well, because I was able to watch Fiona do her first triathlon.



There are more pics here.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kid pictures are great! What were the distances for the kids?

I shot on the rifle team when I was living in Wyoming and I used to cross-country ski all the time, but it never occurred to me to put them together at the time. I've got an uncle who's had an Anschutz sitting in his closed for the last twenty years. He just takes it out, cleans it, and puts it away. I've long since given up on conning him out of it.

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Christine Ansorge said...

ewww. don't lead with the toe. Fiona is much cuter, and we've already seen the toe. Ouch.

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Trent_Dougherty said...

Kids swam 50 yards, biked a mile, and ran a half mile.

I'll let you know how the biathlons go this winter. I would love to go in WY (especially with a vintage Anschutz).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home